Why Rain Water Harvesting System Is Important For Your Home
Rainwater harvesting is the storage of rainwater during the monsoon season in order to use it during times of water scarcity. In simpler words it is the process of collecting and storing rainwater for future human use. It is the accumulation and deposition of rainwater for reuse on-site, rather than allowing it to run off. It is highly sustainable and in such times of high global warming we are struggling through scarcity of portable water in many countries across the world. In order to cut down the pollution caused by rapid industrialization and disposal of chemical waste into water-bodies, we must resort to rainwater harvesting. We are experiencing a gradual fall in the water levels which is causing serious concerns.
Rainwater harvesting will not only benefit us but our future generations and the environment as well. It is a great step into sustainable living which should be encouraged in today’s times.
Now, the question is, how can one harvest the rainwater?
The process of rainwater harvesting inculcates the assimilation and storage of rainwater with the help of artificially designed systems that run off naturally or man-made catchment areas like- the rooftop, rock surface, hill slopes, artificially repaired impervious or semi-pervious land surface. The rainwater can be collected from roofs or storm drains, and in many places the water collected is redirected to a deep pit (well, shaft, or borehole), a reservoir with percolation, or collected from dew or fog with nets or other tools.
Following are the benefits of Rainwater harvesting as to why we must bring this practice to use at our own homes:
1. Very little of the total amount of water present on earth is suitable for human consumption. We being a resident of a country which is highly dependent on agriculture, it is important for us to take a step forward as rain is unpredictable and we can anytime experience shortage of water.
2. We need rainwater harvesting in order to stay safe from water borne diseases. Consumption of polluted water can lead to water borne diseases whereas through rainwater harvesting we consume clean and healthy water at the ease of our own homes.
3. In specific areas which experience irregular rainfall, scarcity of water is a constant issue which cannot be completely resolved but the impact can surely be reduced through rain water harvesting. It is ideal for regions that receive inconsistent rainfall all throughout the year.
4. Another important point that can be noted is that Rainwater harvesting is highly sustainable and can be stored for future usage.
5. It increases soil fertility as when rainwater is fed into the ground level wells and tube well are prevented from drying up. It also helps in preventing soil erosion and reduces the chance of flooding.
6. Rainwater harvesting makes optimum utilization of a resource that is free yet scarce.
7. Rainwater harvesting is not good for the environment, but it is lighter on the pocket as well as it results in reduced water bills.
Rain water harvesting is an effort of today for a better tomorrow not just in terms of water but also in terms of vegetation, development of forest cover and energy saving. Hence, we all must start practicing Rainwater harvesting at our homes.
We at clean environment by R.B. Concretes provide Rainwater harvesting plant installation and follow up services. We provide our direct services in Uttarakhand, UP West, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and NCR region. Our team consists of highly expertise individuals who work together at providing best services to our customers at the most affordable rates.