What is Rain Water Harvesting?
Rainwater harvesting is the accumulation and deposition of rainwater for reuse on-site, rather than allowing it to run off. Rainwater can be collected from roofs or storm drains, and in many places the water collected is redirected to a deep pit (well, shaft, or borehole), a reservoir with percolation, or collected from dew or fog with nets or other tools. Its uses include water for gardens, livestock, irrigation, domestic use with proper treatment, and indoor heating for houses etc. The harvested water can also be used as drinking water, longer-term storage and for other purposes such as groundwater recharge
How to Harvest Rain Water?
How to Harvest Rain Water?
Water from the terrace is collected in holding tank during monsoon season and utilized .
Surface Runoff Rwh System
Water runoff in Storm Water drain during monsoon season is diverted to various recharging pits with borewell.
What is the need for rain Water Harvesting?
What are the advantages of rain water?
We offer scientifically proven and technically feasible designs, in general our rain water systems have following common components-
- A) Catchment Area/Roof
The surface upon which the rain falls, the roof has to be appropriately sloped preferably towards direction of storage and recharge. It can also be a paved area like a terrace or a courtyard of a building or an unpaved area like a lawn or open ground. Temporary structures like sloping sheds can also act as catchment.
- B) Transportation Medium
Transportation of rain water from catchment to harvesting/recharging system is facilitated by Gutters and Downspouts. These transportation medium(Gutters, Down pipes) have to be designed depending on site, rainfall characteristics and roof characteristics.
- C) Surface Filters
The rain water or surface filter is designed to accept all intensity (low, medium and high intensity) loads. The filter separate the dirt particles and debris entering along with the rain water into the filter inlet through hollow pipe base done with the principle of cohesion and centrifugal force along with self cleaning mechanism. The filters are specially designed and manufactured for various flow rates.
- D) Sub-Surface De-silting System
De-siltation is one of the important components of our system, where rain water is received at first through various drains, PVC pipes and chambers. De-siltation trap mechanism will help in segregating silt from the rain water. Based on numerous parameters its designing can be facilitated and could then be constructed in various dimensions. De-silted water could then be used for any surface utilities like gardening, car washing, fire-fighting and other general purpose uses.
- E) Filtration System
Filtration unit facilitates further purification of water and this could be done using various types of filtration mechanism such as sand-gravel filters, sponge filters, PVC-pipe filters, charcoal filters. Filtration systems could be designed in varied sizes based on critical parameters and quality of water to achieve.
- F) Recharge System
It is the most important component in our design and would facilitate us in recharging ground water aquifers. We also make provision to store filtered water within our recharge system, which in case of acute water shortage could be even used for drinking purpose.
R.B Concretes consider various aspects for designing Rain Water Harvesting System, major aspects which augment ground water resources are-
- 1. Hydrogeology of the area
* Nature and extent of aquifer.
* Soil cover and Topography.
* Depth to water level.
* Chemical quality of ground water.
- 2. Availability of Source water, basically assessed in terms of non-commited surplus monsoon run-off.
- 3. Hydrometeorological Characters
* Rainfall Duration
* General pattern of Rainfall.
* Intensity of Rainfall.
We offer following services for Rain Water Harvesting Systems-
* Designing of Rain Water Harvesting(RWH) System.
* Designing of artificial Ponds, Ponds revival structures, Dug Wells and Percolation Trenches.
* Designing of storm water drains & its recharging system.
* Feasibility Study for Rain Water Harvesting.
* Rain Water Harvesting(RWH) consultancy for Environmental Clearance.
* Water balance surveys and Water Audit.
* Consultancy on Water Conservation techniques.
* Providing Rain Water Harvesting Layouts and Reports.
* Providing Detailed Engineering RWH Drawings.
* Report on Hydrogelogical Studies.
* Borewell Survey with latest technologies.
* Cost Estimation for Implementation of Rain Water Harvesting System.
We operates and provide Rain Water Harvesting services in
we are committed towards saving water
Call Us and Save Water